Wednesday, January 27, 2010

These are a few of my faaavorite things...

...and also a few of my pet peeves. Hey, life requires a little balance. First, the boo list.

Top Ten Pet Peeves

10. Making hot chocolates (see previous post)
9. When people stand too close to me in Target. Really? This isn't Europe people. Personal space. Respect it.
8. Customers taking the wrong drink, particularly when it's a large chai and they ordered a small latte. No, your drink didn't take steroids and suddenly morph to be 8 oz bigger.
7. Espresso grounds under my finger nails.
6. People walking three abreast on the sidewalk, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm trying to get past them. Maybe if I breathe like Darth Vader, you'll notice me and that you need to move.
5. When customers ask if we have restrooms. Nope, we don't do that here, but there is a tree right outside that you can help yourself to.
4. Loud cell phone conversations, or even in-person conversations, especially in coffee houses. No Miss, I do not need to hear anymore about the intricacies of breast feeding. I can't believe you meet with your best friend to discuss these things in public. Eww.
3. People who order their freezers all the way to the top, want the music turned up louder, and complain about the lack of ice in our free water pitcher. And when these all occur in one human being. Shout out to my co-workers, you all know who I'm talking about.
2. Road construction on H Street. I feel like they've been paid to dig large holes with large machines that make an inordinate amount of noise and then refill them with big globs of uneven asphalt. Dixon's shocks can't take much more.
1. People severely lacking in common sense. You can't teach that stuff. You either have it or you don't, and if you don't, oh my goodness, the number of times I have to take a breath and count to ten...

And now, the yay list. Goes without saying, God supercedes all of this. Putting Him in a list seems rather asinine.

My Favorite Things
10. Hint of Jalapeno Tostitos. Where have you been all my life? I can't believe I've been ignoring you on the gorcery store shelves.
9. Cute writer/lawyer student guys that hang out at Ebz for hours on end. Sigh... Move over fellow barista, I'll take this one's order.
8. Movies that make me want to learn how to sword fight. Or ride horses. Or learn to do both simultaneously.
7. Kings of Leon, in spite of the sketchy lyrics.
6. Moments when there's no where else I'd rather be and no one else I'd rather be with.
5. Chic-Fil-A. Waffle fries... need I say more?
4. Places on the planet where just looking around makes me feel the blood running through my veins. Can't describe it any better than this.
3. My mom. That's right. You totally made this list.
2. Dancing. Period.
1. The night sky. Anywhere on the planet, it's pretty darn spectacular.

4 comments:

  1. i like the new pics...where'd you get the one of the Wash Post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The devil lady, yes, she is my sworn enemy. I have never experienced anyone who has made me want to jump over the counter and run for my life more than her. She was, and will forever more be, the bane of my ebz existence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ebony, the pics are all mine that I took at one point or another.

    Caroline, you know you miss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her as much as I miss making hot chocolate and getting chocolate powder all over my already wet fingers, forcing me to put an apron over my usually cute outfit. Yes, in that sense, I miss her tremendously.

    ReplyDelete