Friday, June 8, 2012

I May Not be 'Lovin' It

I just had a Big Mac for the first time in about 6 months. Why, you may ask. Because I can. And let me tell you, after a month of not eating red meat and eating super healthy for the last week and a half, it may not have been the smartest decision. But there's just something about that special sauce, that American cheese product slice turning into plastic as it dries out over the side of the three layer bun that reminds me of childhood. As a youth, I had to graduate my way through the plethura of McDonald's burgers. It began with the hamburger, then the cheeseburger, the double cheeseburger, and THEN, when my mom decided I was old enough to handle it, the fabled Big Mac. Regardless of how healthy McDonald's tries to become, it will never be McDonald's without the Big Mac. Add to the legend a side of fries and a Coke and Waalaa, I present you with the most unhealthy meal on the planet.

Do I regret my decision? Jury's still out. All I know is I'm carrying a food baby like I'm 4 months pregnant and all of my digestive powers that be are still running around in a panic, wondering what hail storm of saturated fat and hydrogenated oil just hit them. They've gone so long without a natural (or unnatural) disaster that they've long since foregone any hatches that needed battening down. Hang in there guys! I'm drinking Coca-Cola to help smooth the transition. And no worries. You're getting tacos and brownies tonight as a reward for charging through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment