Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Me Hungry...

Argh, I have no brain power! All I can think about right this minute are the tacos my friend just offered to make. What I have sitting in front of me is a bottle of water and a tiny bag of almonds. After devouring the first 8, my mouth is refusing to imbibe any more despite my stomach's loud protestations. They're so dry. And I know almonds are filled with all kinds of good fattiness, but honestly, who can just chow down on these things wtihout some Craisins or chocolate chips up in the mix? This is the bad thing about working away from home. The kitchen isn't just a few steps away to alleviate all my hunger pangs. Not that being in my house right now would make much of a difference. My apple bowl is occupied by two sad and decrepit looking specimens that belong to my roommate (or maybe they belong to the one who moved out three weeks ago) and my fridge shelves look like they're two steps away from the apocalypse. This can't go on. Now that I'm working, I seem to have no time to do life stuff, like oh you know, go grocery shopping and pay for things to feed my face. Le sigh. It's amazing how jobs can eat into your free time...

No comments:

Post a Comment