Monday, July 19, 2010

As if I Needed Verification

Further proof of my blanket generalization in previous post:

Me: "Hi, it's me again, do you have the 58-3S battery in stock?"
Wal-Mart: "No, dat's da one we don' have."
"If I ordered it, how long would it take to come in?"
"Oh we don't orda batteries. Dey just come when dey come."
"Well when are they getting in then?"
"I don't know, dey come in on the inventory truck. It comes on a differnt day e'ery week."
"What day is it coming in this week?"
"I don't know, I just came in off vacation."
"Okay, well thank you."
"Uh-huh."

Another conversation, this time with the good ole Wal-Mart employees of the south.

Wal-mart: "This is Sportin' Goods."
Me: "Hi, I'm calling about a car battery? I need to know what type of battery would go into my truck."
"I'm sorry ma'am, cud you say that agin?"
"I'm calling about a car battery? I need to know what type would go in a 98 Ford Ranger."
"Whuddya mean, what tipe a battery?"
"There. Are. Different. Types. Of. Batteries. For. Different. Models. Of. Cars. I need to know which type goes into a 98 Ford Ranger."
"Well, alrite. Hole on jest a minit."

Really?

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of customer service! The sad thing is I've seen it from both sides and neither side is pretty. I once had a customer come into Barnes & Noble looking for "the purple book about angels". After two hours of searching, I found the book (slightly miraculous) in the Sci-Fi section. It turned out to be a book about angel lore for sci-fi geeks. She proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't keep the book there as "it is true". Very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete