Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bruce

Sova is perfect this time of day. It's just around seven, and the sun is fierce and golden on the uneven street outside. I'm the only customer in this part of the store with nothing but the twin parking meters outside to stare at me. My iced coffee with vanilla leaves something to be desired, and Bruce Springsteen's rough, cowboy voice coming over the loud speaker accompanied by cacaphanous banjos and bells is a little much. In fact, my thoughts are being forcibly removed from my head by the minute, but my completely self-sabotoged Let's Be Productive Day is still managing to redeem itself somewhat here on this sleepy corner of H Street. At least it will if I can quit trying so hard to suck the honey on the bottom of my cup through a red coffee stirrer. For some reason that seems to hold more appeal to me at the moment than writing a blog post. Bygones.

Alas, the Boss is winning the battle for precedence in my brain, so I'm going to have to find another way to be productive, such as... looking for a new blog background template! Bah bah BAH! (fanfare) Stay tuned, because it's coming... and I fully expect it to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment