Monday, April 26, 2010

Cupcakes and Spanish... Spanish cupcakes?

I would like to put forth the argument that cupcakes may just be the best thing ever. Although it is nearly impossible to maintain any dignity while eating one since usually, as opposed to looking like you just took a bite, it seems as if you rubbed it all over your face. As a child, icing face is funny. As an adult, not so much. I, for one, don't care, seeing that alternatively I would never get to enjoy all of that deliciousness sweetly packaged in a ruffly paper baking cup. Dear Lord, this must have been what You were doing on the 8th day.


In other news, I graduated from my Part A Spanish 1 lessons today, hoorah! Newsflash: they're getting harder. I respond, "Es mucho," but, no, it's "Es muy," and they won't tell me why, and now I spend half my time concentrating on including the right amount of syllables (why do they need five to say "too much?") and pretending my tongue should never actually make contact with the back of my teeth. Sometimes I bounce my mini Nerf basketball on the floor while I'm learning, which I'm sure my basement-mate Rachel really appreciates. "Tengo dos pesos" thunk "Puedo comprar las" thunk "¿Que hora es?" thunk "¡No quiero hablar con usted!" thunk. One of these days she's going to come screaming down the hallway, pulling her hair out, begging me to please stop so she can sleep. Oh yeah, did I mention I sometimes do these just before midnight? Roommate of the Year award, right here. Please, no applause. My roommate is trying to sleep.

1 comment: