Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bright Lights, Big City

I'm officially back in the old hood. Literally. Like only two blocks over. Except this time, only for less than two weeks. I drove here, just like normal, but I took the long way; stopping for two hours at Eddie Bauer (a $130 gift card was forced on me); doing circles around the Concord Mills Mall while eating my Chic-Fil-A chicken nuggets because I swear someone switched the I-85 arrows around just for kicks; spending a rather irate hour at a service station alternately cursing at/hitting/ripping off my interior dome light as regardless of how much WD-40 I sprayed into the door latches, it STILL would not turn off; almost being sideswiped by a semi doing 60 on I-95 just outside of Richmond (it took an entire day for my heartbeat to slow down to something resembling normal); and noticing upon my slow, rather bumpy arrival that the District has accomplished exactly nothing in the two months I've been gone to further the installation of the H Street trolley. Dixon almost reached a wheel around and slapped me for subjecting him once again to the horrors of H Street pavement. I'm sorry baby!! But I did thoroughly Rain-X all of your glass surfaces to a pearlescent, road trip ready, rain-resistant sheen! That has to count for something!

I'm at 'my' coffeehouse again, drinking tea, putting off being productive just like old times. It's like entering these city limits sucks every industrious tendency right out of me. Wait a minute... maybe I don't have any industrious tendencies to begin with. I foresee this being a problem. Shoot!

***THIS BLOG IS BEING TEMPORARILY INTERRUPTED DUE TO SELF-IMPOSED DEMANDS FOR FECUNDITY*** (and before you pull out your Impressed hats, I totally thesaurussed that word)

No comments:

Post a Comment