Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Day After

After hours and buckets of rain, it's finally stopped. The wind still blows and rainboots still abound but I would hazard to say that the weather is nice. I like it like this - cloudy, a little stormy, everyone walking around slightly subdued. I'm traitorously sitting in a Starbucks enjoying an iced coffee with milk and vanilla and a "Bistro Box," an item I think would be a brilliant addition to plane fare: cheese cuts, crackers made of more seed than cracker, apple slices, and a mini container of dried cranberries and almonds. Fresh and delicious (although I still haven't made up my mind about Brie unless it's smoked with ham and I'm at a pub in England) and the perfect compact size. When I'm starving on a 9-hour transatlantic flight, I'd appreciate such a snack. It would make flying a bit more enjoyable for those of us not in business class. I keep imagining that one day I'll have enough money to purchase first-class tickets on a regular basis, that I'll have a quaint apartment in Paris, and that somewhere on the planet will be parked a silver BMW to which I own the title. Unfortunately, I believe the first, single step to this particular journey of a thousand miles is having some idea of and obtaining a job I like. Which, I'm finding, is MUCH easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. but they do have cheese/fruit/cracker boxes on flights! i want one. and very nearly almost get one every single time i fly. but i just can't bring myself to part with the $7 that they want from me. then i get so mad i ask the flight attendant for the whole diet coke can and call him "stewardess" for good measure. i'm often more salt than light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Description. Ever. of spunky Christian girls. I'm a bit salt-ey myself...

    ReplyDelete