Friday, August 12, 2011

Oasis

My favorite café now sits only 2 blocks from my house. It has a back patio that's almost a gateway into another world; one far from the city with all of its noise and hurry. The wind blows peaceful here and the rustling of the leaves is enough to cover up the occasional street noise that sneaks in. Unless you know about the patio already, you'd never suspect that the back door led to anything other than a dumpster. But flowers bloom here and wispy green vines snake down the wooden fences and tremble in the breeze that pushes the clouds across the sky at its leisure. I come here to escape reality because it's only once I'm here that I realize how lucky I am to have the time to do this. Although I wish I was so much more than I am, that doesn't equate to eight hours a day in a building, and I marvel at so many people's ability to call that success.

1 comment: