Sunday, May 9, 2010

JennO and the Blow Fish

I've arrived! I spent my first day in Mexico going to the beach, meeting a gazillion new people, walking around with a dead blow fish (yes, that actually happened), and going to a Mexican birthday party with loud music and plates full of corn chips, marshmallows, and what I'm convinced were edible packing peanuts. Once dipped in what I think was barbeque sauce, they weren't too bad. The marshmallows still don't really make any sense to me. It didn't stop me from eating all of them, but still...

I'm staying in a house full of people that are here for the couple that owns the coffee shop's son's wedding. (Did you follow all of that?) It feels a bit like Real World Mazatlán except times 10. Everyone's a surfer and beautifully tanned which makes me stand out like printer paper among pieces of cardboard. They have California surfer speak and say things like "Chilax" and "Just kick it." I'm having Hawaii flashbacks like mad except it's safer here to swallow a mouthful of ocean than drink from a cup that still has a drop of tap water lingering on it. I still brush my teeth in it though. If I'm going to get amoebas, I might as well scrub them all over my teeth.

I love this so far. I jumped in the ocean yesterday and almost did my excited dance at the taste of salt on my tongue. I'm officially fully embracing the curly, frizzy hair and constant state of sandy. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. you make me smile & laugh. Keepin' it real. Love it!

    just keep kickin' it.. haha
    Jen

    ReplyDelete