Monday, May 24, 2010

Overheard Surfer Convo

Cast of Characters:

Sammy - 19, blond, tan, goofy grin, very thin mustache, great little surfer
Eric - 22, lots of brown curly hair, blue eyes, somewhat tan, one of the best snowboarders in the world; however, self-admittedly rather sucks at surfing
Ryan - 27, curly reddish brown hair, the only person I've ever met with more freckles than me, tan (or maybe it's just one big freckle), blue eyes, rad surfer
Matt - 30, blond hair, blue eyes, super tan, looks like he walked right off the cover of I'm a Surfer from California magazine, also really good surfer
Kayle (temporary surfer adoptee) - 29, dark hair, hazel eyes, very slender build, preternaturally tan after 5 minutes in the sun, sucks at surfing which is probably why he doesn't

Random Quotes:
"Hoa, did you see him get worked? He totally just got worked!" - Sammy
------------------
"We thought you may have gotten Banditoed." - Kayle
------------------
"I got urchined in the foot. I just went and urchined myself." - Matt

Actual fragments of conversation:
Eric - "You guys are totally soakin' up some heavy rays. Did you block it up at all?"
Matt - "Nah dude. I didn't block anything up."
------------------
Ryan - "You guys want anything?"
Matt - "Yeah, maybe like a yogurt?"
Kayle - "Ten thousand dollars."
Matt - "Ahh man, I wish I could take mine back now."
Ryan - "I'll fulfill both of your wishes... just not right now."
Matt (to Kayle) - "You wanna share? I'll give you some of my yogurt if you give me some of your ten thousand dollars."
Kayle - "Sure."
--------------------
Matt - "We should try your electric shock therapy on my urchins. I bet they'd get so pissed, they'd just start flying out... I mean, I don't know. I think that's how urchins work."
----------------------
Sammy - "I'm gonna sit here for exactly 3 more minutes, then I'm gonna shower..."
Matt - "Whoa dude. That's unorthodox!"
Sammy - "...and then I'm gonna put on some underwear..."
Eric - "No way."
Sammy - "... and some shorts."
Eric - "Hoa dude, I don't have shorts or underwear!"
Matt - "I don't have underwear either. Guess I'll just have to wear your underwear."

DISCLAIMER: To be fair to their intelligence, most of this was in jest.  These guys have good hearts, great stories, and a propensity for getting up before sunrise that's astounding.

1 comment: